- Download VCard
Mr. Nanayakkara has more than twenty years of experience in U.S. Immigration and Nationality law. Prior to passing the Bar Exam, he has worked as a Paralegal, International Trade Consultant and Legal Manager for two U.S. immigration law firms and business organizations. He has considerable experience in business and family immigration matters.
He is also a strong advocate of children’s rights. Mr. Nanayakkara was instrumental in raising $35,000 within a four month period for children who were caught in a political civil conflict in Sri Lanka in 2009. Being an immigrant himself, Mr. Nanayakkara understands the obstacles faced by immigrants who are seeking a better life for themselves and their family.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, Master’s Degree in Law, 1996
- Sri Lanka Law College, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 1993
Professional Awards and Affiliations
- Licensed to Practice Law in the State of Alabama
- Licensed to Practice Law in the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- Alabama Bar Association
- Sri Lanka Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Practice Areas: Employment-Based Immigration, Family-Based Immigration, EB-5 Investor Visas, I-601 Waivers