E-2 TREATY INVESTMENT VISA
The E-2 Non-immigrant Visa authorizes a citizen of a treaty country to oversee their investment in the U.S. or work with a U.S. business which is at least 50% owned by citizens of the treaty country. The visa can generally be extended every two (2) years without limitation on the total period of stay. A spouse and minor children may accompany or follow to join the E-2 principal. Employees from the treaty country, including executives, managers, and essential employees are eligible for the E-2 Visa.
E-2 TREATY INVESTOR REQUIREMENTS:
- The investor must be from a treaty country
- The investment must be "substantial."
- The investment must be in a real, operating enterprise.
- The investor must have control of the funds, and investment must be "at-risk."
- The investor must have controlling interest, and intend to develop and direct the enterprise.
- Enterprise must be "more than marginal."